Thursday, January 6, 2011

Dare I?

Ok, I have to get over this idiotic fear of blogging. To start with, millions of people are already doing it so chances are that not too many will be interested in reading my work. Having said that, I'm aware that there is actually no point writing if no one is going to read your stuff. Hmm, so?
I'm going to put to test the theory that words pour out of you once you start writing....eminent authors have been known to say that their characters took on a life of their own; the plot deviated randomly and they were unable to control it etc etc etc.....
So what was I saying? Yes, I want to write; I have so many stories inside, waiting to be written, so many thumbnail character sketches, complete with tragic flaws, warts, incandescence et al. I remember weaving stories for meetlet ages ago....about that bus ride to Shimla, eating Nankhatais and sharing them grudgingly with a stranger....Meetlet loved those stories I told, whether they made sense or not; she listened intently to them and reminded me about them when I had long forgotten them.
Should I....dare I...resurrect those stories and flesh them out now? So many years later?
Well I've made a start.....with this little post. My friend Tanuja, a prolific and lucidly imaginative writer herself, has inspired me to take the plunge......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd Love to get your feedback, so please do let me know you've been here, even if just to say "I read it"